Saturday 13 February 2016

Spicy chicken wings

Hi Guys!!


Remember a couple of days ago, I made the Ghanian Chicken Light Soup with some chicken wings? Well, I had some chicken wings that I didn't cook with that day, and even though I wasn't so sure exactly what I was going to do with it, I just left it in the freezer. 
So, two days ago, I was making my shopping list, and then I looked into the freezer and what do I see.... the chicken wings!! I had completely forgotten about them... but not for long. 

I decided to make some spicy chicken wings, to eat with my 'roti'. The spicy rub for the chicken is pretty much the only thing that take a lot of ingredients, but you can always add as much or as little ingredients as you want.


Its so juicy and tender. You get the tartness of the lemon as you bite into it, the chicken is well seasoned and makes every bite a memory. Then of course the yummy spicy sauce around it just makes it the perfect spicy chicken wing.

Heres how I made it.

Ingredients
For the spicy chilli sauce

  • Coriander leaves
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1/2 an onion
  • 1tbsp of curry powder
  • 1/2 a lime
  • 1/3 of a ginger root
  • 1 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 1 tsp of paprika
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1-2 chilli peppers (depends on how spicy you like it)
  • 1 tsp of ketchup
For the chicken

  • 6 chicken wings (raw)
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tbsp of salt
Others

  • 1/3 cup of Coconut milk
  • Chopped coriander (for garnish)
Instructions

  1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius, line your baking tray with baking paper, and set aside. 
  2. In a blender or food processor, add the chilli spice ingredients together and blend until its well combined. 
  3. In a bowl, add the chicken wings, lemon juice, salt and olive oil together, and mix well. 
    Chicken wings mixed with lemon, olive oil and salt
  4. Place the chicken wings on the baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes, or until its done.
    Chicken wings arranged on the baking tray
  5. Transfer the spice mixture to a pot and bring to a boil. Add the coconut milk and allow it to reduce. The sauce should  be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
    Spicy mixture in the pot
  6. Remove the chicken from the oven.
    Chicken fresh out of the oven
  7. Transfer  the chicken wings into the pot with the sauce, and mix well.
    Chicken transfered to the sauce

    Mixed spicy sauce and chicken
  8. Serve hot on a plate (with some flat bread) and garnish with some chopped coriander. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment