- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion (cut in half)
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers
- chicken wings
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a ginger root
- 0.5 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 cubes of maggi chicken
- 1 tbsp of salt (more if you want)
- Wash the chicken wings and place them in a pot. Add the water and put over medium heat.
- Wash and add all the other ingredients (tomatoes, pepper, ginger, garlic, tomato puree, salt and maggi) into the pot with the chicken, and cover. Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
The pepper, onions , garlic and ginger are added The tomatoes are added
The maggi cubes (stock cubes) are being added
The tomato puree is being added
- The tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic would be tender now, take them out of the pot with a spoon and put in a blender.
The tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic put into a blender
- Allow the chicken to cook properly. Once they are done, take them out of the pot, to prevent them from scattering inside the broth (this is done if the chicken is soft i.e not a broiler).
The chicken is allowed to cook
- Then transfer the blended mixture back into the pot and allow it to cook for about 10-12 minutes.
The blended mixture is added and allowed to cook
- Taste the soup and add more salt and seasoning if it needs more. You can also add some more water to the soup if it's becoming too thick. After all, its called 'light' soup.
- Serve with some fufu or any 'swallow' of your choice. The fufu is usually served in the same bowl as the soup, however, I kinda prefer mine in separate plates. Enjoy!!